Posted 08/25/2020 | Back
The Library will be reopening the physical space to Fitchburg State students, faculty and staff starting Monday, August 31st starting at 8:30am.
Fall Semester Hours of Operation
The Library’s hours for the Fall semester, starting on Thursday, September 3rd, will be as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 10:00pm
- Friday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Check the Library’s hours here for any changes: library.fitchburgstate.edu/about-the-library/location-hours/#library-calendar
In order to create a safe environment within the Library, the following protocols must be followed by everyone entering the Library:
- OneCard: As only current FSU students, faculty and staff are allowed within the Library, the OneCard campus ID will be required to enter.
- Face Coverings: a face covering over the nose and mouth must be worn at all times within the Library, including in study rooms and bathrooms. For more information, please see the FSU Fall 2020 Student Repopulation Plan at www.fitchburgstate.edu/about/reopening
- Social Distancing: Stay at least six feet (2 meters) apart when able, and be mindful of distancing in enclosed spaces.
- Food: No eating will be permitted in the Library, including in study rooms.
*Please note that failure to comply with the above protocols may result in being asked to leave the Library space*
Library Operational Changes
- Computers Workstations: Computers will remain available for use. In order to allow for social distancing, workstations have been dispersed throughout the Library’s four floors.
- Plastic keyboard covers were added in order to facilitate cleaning.
- Cleaning supplies will be readily available.
- Please sanitize keyboard and mouse before and after use.
- Study Rooms: Study rooms will be available for reservation. Please note that seating capacity is now limited to 1-2 people.
- Please sanitize the study room table, computer keyboard, and mouse before and after use.
- Study rooms can be reserved here: library.fitchburgstate.edu/facilities-services/reserve-workspace
- Archives & Special Collections: The physical space will remain closed, but the Digital Archives collection can be accessed here: digitalarchives.fitchburgstate.edu/cdm
- For any questions contact the Archives & Special Collections Librarian, Asher Jackson at email@example.com
- Book Return: Please return books by using either the book drop outside of the 1st floor lobby entrance to Hammond, or in the red bin near the Public Services Desk (the desk closest to the Library entrance). To ensure safety, returned books will be quarantined for a time period before being placed back on the shelf.
Library Service Updates
- NEW SERVICE! “Grab-n-Go” Contactless Book Retrieval & Checkout: Need a book but don’t want to have to come in to search for it? Place a book on hold through the Library Catalog
- The Library staff will get the book for you, and check it out to you.
- Once your book is ready, you will get an email to simply pick it up at the Pick-Up Cart near the main entrance of the library.
- Please note: Faculty can have materials delivered to their offices through intra-campus mail
- NEW SERVICE! Digital Course Reserves: Please be aware! Physical course reserves will not be available. The Library is launching a Digital Course Reserves pilot to help ensure equitable access to course materials.
- Find out more information here: fitchburgstate.libguides.com/Digital-Reserves
- Get Help Online: Have research questions? Not sure how to access an article? Get library and research help online through the following services:
- Online Chat - Go to the Library homepage at library.fitchburgstate.edu. Type your question into the chat box and a librarian will answer.
- Virtual/Remote Research Appointment - Schedule a research appointment with a librarian through the online scheduler: fitchburgstate.libcal.com/appointments/
- Email - email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remote Teaching Support: Librarians are available to support classes with instruction and research help in Blackboard and Google Meet/Zoom.
- Interlibrary Loan Services: The ability to borrow physical items from other libraries is back up and running.
- Once your requested items arrive, you will get an email to retrieve it from the Pick-Up Cart near the main entrance of the library.
- Faculty can have materials delivered to their offices through intra-campus mail.
- Distance learners can have materials sent to their home through the mail.
- COMING SOON! Tech Lending Library: A wide range of technology and equipment will be available for borrowing. Items include video cameras, document and digital cameras, tripods, microphones, laptops, hotspots, chargers, and graphing calculators.
- See a full inventory here: fitchburgstate.libguides.com/Lending-Technology-Library