Materials from the Amelia V. Gallucci-Cirio Library
Items may be renewed numerous times for the normal borrowing period. However, the library reserves the right to deny a renewal or recall an item in the following situations:
- If an item is on "Hold" for another patron, the renewal will be denied and the item must be returned.
- If a renewed item is checked out to a community user, it is subject to being recalled if the item is requested by a Fitchburg State student, faculty, or staff member.
- Any item is subject to recall if a faculty member requests that item be placed on Course Reserves.
- A renewal will be denied if the patron's account has expired. If your account has expired, contact the Circulation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you renew online you are responsible for making sure the system gives you a new due date for the item. If you encounter any problems, contact the Circulation staff at email@example.com.
Go to the Library Catalog. Click on the “My Account” tab and enter your last name and barcode/institution ID information:
- Barcode = your Banner # with the “@” symbol changed to a zero.
- Institution ID = your Banner number the way it is printed on your student One Card with all of the leading zeroes and '@' symbol dropped.
- Note: Community users, your barcode and institution ID numbers are the number printed the front of your Fitchburg State Special ID Library Card.
This will take you to your account where you should see buttons for “View Personal Information” and “Edit Preferences”. The page will also display a list of items you currently have checked out. In front of each item there is a check box; check the items you want to renew and then click on the “Request Renewal” button at the top of the list. The status for each item you selected should change to “Renewed” and a new due date should appear. Once you are done you can click on the “Logout” link in the upper right hand corner.
Renew over the Phone or by Email
Call (978) 665-3063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to state your name, Banner ID or barcode number, and the titles you wish to renew. We will confirm your renewal and give you the new due date. You can use the steps above to access your account and verify your new due date as well.
Materials from Interlibrary Loan (other libraries)
Renewal requests for materials that you borrowed from other libraries through our Interlibrary Loan service must be done through the Amelia V. Gallucci-Cirio Library, as this is a library-to-library service. You cannot contact the lending library directly.
Renewal requests for items borrowed from other libraries through our Interlibrary Loan Service may be placed via ILLiad. Login to access your Interlibrary Loan account and click on "Checked Out Items" under the "View" section. You will see the item you currently have listed with an option to request a renewal if the lending library allows. Click on the renewal link to make your request and hold on to the item until you receive an email from the Interlibrary Loan staff either confirming or denying the request. Upon denial, you will be asked to return the item as soon as possible.
Note: If it is too soon to renew an item, a message highlighted in red will state when the item is available for renewal processing. If the item is overdue renewal online is not possible. If renewal is essential and the item is overdue, please email email@example.com to request additional time.
Renew over the Phone or by Email
Call (978) 665-3063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, Banner ID or barcode number, and the titles you wish to renew.